If you are having a hard time finding something easy to prepare for breakfast, air fry turkey bacon is the perfect solution. With this recipe, you no longer have to worry about skipping breakfast when you have a busy morning schedule. If you like your food hot and crispy, then you will love these bacon bits, and they are sure to become one of your favorite breakfasts.
Air fry turkey bacon is a healthy alternative to traditional pork or beef bacon. More advantageously, this recipe pairs well with regular breakfast foods like air fry egg bites, blueberries, and muffin bites. Additionally, you can enjoy it along with your breakfast potatoes, burgers, crumble it in your salads or just have it as a healthy, delicious keto snack.
What makes the air fry turkey bacon recipe work?
1. The recipe is super easy and quick to fix.
2. The preparation time is minimal and requires minor cleanup.
3. The bacon evenly cooks without burning.
4. There are endless ways you can combine this recipe.
How to Air Fry Turkey Bacon
- Ninja DZ201 Foodi 8 Quart 6-in-1 DualZone 2-Basket Air Fryer for frying the bacon. (Click here to see our reivews of the top 11 Ninja Foodi Air Fryers!)
- A package of turkey bacon to be prepared.
- Tongs or a fork to remove the bacon once it cooks.
Air Fry Turkey Bacon Recipe Tips
- Bacon may vary by brand, but the same cooking instruction applies to all brands. Always check the label before buying.
- Start checking on your bacon once your timer reaches 5 minutes. This way, you get an even browning to the bacon; ensure to flip after 5 minutes.
- Always cook a single layer of bacon. Overloading the air fryer may lead to unevenly cooked bacon.
- Use your judgment as to how much time you want your bacon to take. Depending on the type of air fryer used, the temperature difference between the bottom and top could lead to a slower cooking time, and you might need to adjust accordingly.
- Cooking times will also vary depending on the size, shape and thickness of the bacon. If there’s any question about what cooking time should be applied, always check with the package instructions.
- Bacon dries out very quickly, so make sure not to overfill your air fryer since this may result in soggy bacon, which causes it to lose its crunchiness and taste.
How to reduce grease in the Air Fryer
There are many ways you can use to keep your air fryer from getting excessive grease;
Air Fry Turkey Bacon Nutritional Facts
Saturated Fat: 5g
What is uncured bacon?
Uncured bacon is a generic name given to both unsalted and untreated pork bacon. The label usually states “smoked and cured” or just simply “uncured”. Unsalted bacon has no added salt, while treated bacon contains curing salts such as potassium nitrate and sulfur dioxide.
Generally, uncured bacon has no added nitrites. However, it’s still cured with salt, thus considered a little healthier, but may have higher sodium levels.
Is Turkey Bacon Healthy?
Turkey bacon is seasoned like other kinds of bacon, and it’s made with dark and light meat. Though the calories and fat content are fewer than that of pork, it’s still bacon and thus has high levels of sodium and saturated fats.
Does turkey bacon smoke?
The reason behind bacon smoking in the air fryer is high grease content. Unlike pork, turkey bacon has low grease levels, and thus it can only smoke when you set your air fryer to a high temperature.
What do I do with leftover cooked turkey bacon?
To store leftover cooked bacon, put it in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for three to five days. Moreover, you can keep leftover turkey bacon to garnish other dishes; simply crumble it into salads or garnish dishes like tacos, omelets, or sandwiches.
How long can I store bacon after being cooked?
You can store raw bacon for up to one week if kept wrapped tightly in plastic wrap. Once cooked, you need to store leftover cooked bacon within 3 to 5 days.
Do I need to cook the bacon first before putting it in my air fryer?
No. You don’t need to cook the bacon first because cooking makes it brittle, resulting in hard bits of bacon pieces, making it difficult to cook. So, the best thing to do is to place uncooked bacon flat inside the air fryer for even cooking.
Can I use frozen turkey bacon in the air fryer?
Yes, frozen turkey bacon can be put directly in the air fryer and cooked normally. However, you can as well thaw the bacon first then put it in the air fryer if you are comfortable working with a defrosted one.
If you’re looking to enjoy the crispiest bacon at home, this Air Fryer Guide will ensure that you get the best serving of Air fry turkey bacon. Simply grab your turkey bacon, put it correctly in the air fryer and enjoy it with your favorite accompaniment within 10 minutes.