Grilled corn is one of the best summertime snacks. You can have them as a side dish or even make it into an appetizer by serving them grilled with cheese and salsa on top. Furthermore, it’s fun for kids because they love eating. But, how long does it take to grill corn in foil before taking it off the heat? What temperature should you use? And what if you want to add other ingredients like butter, salt, pepper, etc.? We’ll answer all these questions so you can enjoy this delicious snack as you deserve.
Generally, the maximum time required to grill corn in foil is between 15-20 minutes, depending on the variety of corn used. This will allow the corn to cook through without burning the exterior. However, it’s important to note that some types of corn take much less time than others. So, keep checking every few minutes after adding the corn to see when it has reached your desired results.
The time it will take to grill corn in foil depends on several factors: the type of corn, whether you’re using fresh or frozen corn, and the size of the ear. If you are cooking large ears of sweet corn, we recommend grilling until tender but slightly crunchy. We suggest grilling just enough time for smaller ears of field corn that the kernels become lightly charred. However, if you’d instead not char the outside of your corn, then simply cook longer than necessary.
How to grill corn in foil
1. Heat your grill to 400°F.
2. Prepare your corn by removing husks and silky threads from each ear of corn. Then cut away any damaged parts of the cob. Finally, remove the stem end of the corn.
3. Cut the foil into equal pieces. Fold up two sides of the aluminium foil, leaving about 1/4 inch open at the bottom edge. Place the folded edges together and fold them over again to create a pouch that fits your corn.
4. Place the pouches onto the hot grill surface. Cook for approximately 10 -15 minutes. Check frequently to ensure the corn does not burn. Once done, carefully transfer the pouches to plates and serve as desired
What kind of corn do I need?
There are many different types of corn available today, including yellow, white, blue, red, purple, orange, green, black and multicoloured. Each colour represents a unique flavour profile. Some people prefer their corn straight out of the package, while others would rather wait until it’s been steamed or boiled first. Regardless of which method you choose, always remember to check the label to avoid buying spoiled food.
Suppose you plan to boil or steam your corn before grilling. In that case, you must select a specific variety based on the boiling water temperature—generally, the higher the boiling point, the better the taste.
How do I season grilled corn?
Seasoning grilled corn is simple. Simply sprinkle salt and freshly ground black pepper directly onto the warm corn. Alternatively, you could also brush melted butter or olive oil onto the corn. Either way works great.
Olive oil adds more depth of flavour compared to butter. It gives the corn a rich aroma and makes it extra moist. Butter provides a milder flavour and doesn’t overpower the natural sweetness of the corn. Both options work well, though.
How to serve the grilled corn
Once you’ve finished grilling your corn, let it cool completely before serving. You can either eat it right away or refrigerate it overnight. To reheat, place the cooled corn back on the grill for 5 – 7 minutes per side. Or, you can microwave the corn for 2 – 3 minutes.
You can also serve grilled corn with other foods such as salads, sandwiches, tacos, burgers, etc.
Tips for grilling corn in foil
1. Make sure that there’s enough space between the corn and the heat source so that they don’t touch. This will prevent burning.
2. Keep an eye on the corn during the entire process. Don’t forget to turn the corn occasionally to make sure all sides get cooked evenly.
3. When transferring the corn to a plate after cooking, try placing the corn inside a bowl or container filled with ice cubes to keep it cold. Keeping it cool helps retain its moisture.
4. Be careful not to overcook corn because it loses much of its nutritional value. Overcooked corn has no natural texture and tastes bland.
5. Try not to flip the corn too often since this causes the husk to tear off. Instead, rotate the corn every few minutes.
6. Use The Best Grill.
This is one of the best grills that you can use to grill corn in a foil among other grilling needs. Check it here on Amazon.
Grilled corn is a favourite snack to many. Whether you prefer sweet or savoury flavours, it is always delicious. Grilling corn in foil allows you to enjoy these tasty treats without having to spend time preparing them. So next time you need some quick-and-easy food ideas, consider making grilled corn in foil. After all, you will have it ready within 15-20 minutes.
Also Check: Top 7 Best BBQ in 2021 Reviews.