Bamboo Kitchen Utensils Benefits, Pros & Cons
Bamboo utensils are a good alternative you should think of if you want to have a touchy feeling in your home or even a restaurant. They do not saturate the kitchen as those made of stainless steel. They’re made of natural material that is sustainable because the plant reproduces very fast. Therefore, it means that you will be saving a lot of costs when you buy bamboo kitchen utensils.
What Are Some Benefits For Bamboo Kitchen Utensils?
Some other benefits of buying the utensils are:
- They are good for the environment – A bamboo plant produces very fast when you harvest it. Our environment will be taken care of once you have the bamboo harvested to make the bamboo utensils.
- They are tough, durable, and strong -You may think that bamboo utensils are not durable because bamboo is just a type of grass. You are wrong! Bamboo utensils’ texture is durable and very strong. It can hold up in a great way in different kinds of food.
- They are less porous – As compared to regular wood, bamboo utensils bacteria cannot thrive. The utensils do not have enough space to have the bacteria trapped.
Bamboo Utensils Pros and Cons
- They do not conduct heat – Bamboo utensils do not conduct heat even if you leave the utensils on a hot surface for a long time. They are of great use in dishes requiring a lot of stirring, like soups and risottos.
- They are eco-friendly – The utensils are made of a natural resource that is biodegradable. It reproduces fast after harvesting; it cares for our environment better than when you use the regular wood to make kitchen utensils.
- The utensils are affordable – The amount of money you can spend on but one stainless steel item can be used to purchase a few utensils made of bamboo. It’s because the plant is affordable, and so are its products. However, there are some of the disadvantages of bamboo kitchen utensils are:
- They do break – Bamboo utensils can easily break if no good care is taken. They are not as strong as the stainless steel utensils, despite being classy and the most preferred.
- They are not safe for use in a dishwasher – the utensils are washed in sinks because they are not dishwasher safe. Washing them in a sink is not an easy job because you have to ensure that every part of the utensils is very clean. When used in a dishwasher, they easily split or crack.
Bamboo Vs. Stainless Steel Utensils
Bamboo and stainless steel utensils serve the same purpose in the kitchen. They both do not rust hence are resistant to corrosion. The utensils are stain-resistant and do not odor. However, they have some differences in that bamboo utensils easily break as compared to steel utensils. Bamboo utensils do not conduct heat, while steel utensils do.
Some of the bamboo kitchen utensils we can pick for use in our kitchen are bamboo cutlery, bamboo spoon, bamboo tableware, bamboo forks, and bamboo flatware. Try one of these bamboo kitchen utensils and experience a difference in your cooking.